1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

just to be clear??

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 09:41 AM
mmench
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo help (brain farts on my part)

ok i have a few more questions for anybody with srt turbo know how.

#1 will removing the lines from the tb (the ones that go to the left side of the car to the cylinoid and canister) hurt anything? i dont think it does but just being cautious

#2 i have my BOV vacume line connected rite to the TB..... under vacume is the BOV supposed to be open?

#3 were can i T in my water temp sensor... i think i read somewere that you could use a port on the back of the block???

#4 i see on the begi website that they say you need to run the stock regulator in suport of the rrfpr. i believe in is the 2027 model. now i am goin to do the spoolboy mod and bypass the stocker and add a return line. will this still be fine?

#5 and finally ... .WHY THE HELL DIDNT DODGE MAKE A TURBO FIRST GEN? they are fun as ****

Last edited by mmench; 08-18-2008 at 01:09 PM. Reason: more
Old 08-18-2008, 07:07 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

#1 no it wont hurt anything, but you will want to remove the rubber o-ring on the inside of your gas cap...otherwise the vapor pressure can cause damage.

#2 the blow off valve will open under cavvum pressure...thats how it releases..and it will close once positive pressure is made

#3 there is a port sumwhere, but i cant remember where...you could also use a port on the side of the head, but im not sure which one...or you could put a T fitting in the heater hose

#4 you shouldnt NEED to run the stock regulator, but im not exactly sure...i ran through the stock regulator without any problems though...just had the canister modified for the return line

#5 because they were dumb....
how much boost you gonna run? if anyone thinks low boost in a 1st gen is fun, try 18psi....its just crazy

Old 08-19-2008, 06:26 AM
mmench
Captain

thnx man .. i just had to make sure... was tired as hell and couldnt remember anything. did you have any problems adjusting idle fuel pressure with your begi? i am running the stock stage 0 fuel injectors (stage 0 i beleive atleast) and they run WAY to fat at idle and no boost lol..i plan on just running 10 pounds of boost... but if i hear a knockin.... you can bet im gona turn it up as far as she goes and let her rip

Old 08-19-2008, 10:41 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no i didnt have any problems adjusting the pressure with the begi...it worked great..
stock 1st gen injectors at idle with the regulator and everything should be running about 49-55 psi....
for a while i had accel #30 injectors...at idle they would of had to be at abour 35-40psi at idle

Old 08-19-2008, 12:52 PM
mmench
Captain

yea.. should be easy to tune.. and i sure aint gona be low on fuel flow with them srt injectors im pretty sure they are bigger than 30# lol wich is way to much for just motor rite now lol

Quick Reply: just to be clear??