1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

rev limiter!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 02:23 PM
GLXRustang
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he's not talking about the speed limiter and for the NA crowd more power exists in the upper RPM band. You've got a turbo sohc, you got no right to tell someone they need to be happy with stock.

Why couldn't someone use a neon to race with? Its a perfect foundation, with an iron bedplate, iron block, 16 valves, aftermarket forged internals, race cams, race headers, an indy race intake, etc, etc, etc. Check out Spud's neon on youtube, I bet you wouldn't be saying that it's just a neon. Yeah, its just a neon that could eat a viper, for a tenth of the price... Just a neon...

For Pete's sake, if the man wants to rev it till it explodes, who are we to stop him?

Old 03-05-2009, 12:36 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by estneon
the neon is not built for racing(except dirt tracks)...even though we all hate the saying it is still just a neon and we should respect the fact 0-60 is where the neons power is
that is so true....but wait.....how many SCCA championships did the neon hold????
the ACR was built solely for the purpose of racing......but i guess that doesnt mean it was built for racing does it?

i personally dont think the neons rev limiter is all that low...but thats just me

Last edited by spudsterier; 03-05-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:43 AM
GLXRustang
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to chill, sorry bout that. My family all think V8's and V6's is where its at, and tell me that my neon is 'just a neon'. Of course, its 'just a neon' that stayed with my brothers dodge stealth till 110 mph or so (on a lone stretch of highway in Michigan)

Horsepower is RPM based the same 2.0L that makes 150HP at 6K will make 170 at 7K or 200 at 8K. However, that's if airflow isn't restricted by stock cams or unported heads. You'd have to flow 290 CFM thru the engine to make power to 8000 and not have it drop off.

Engine masters magazine did a K20 Honda with cam duration 270 @ 0.050" lift that made 400 horses at 9500 rpm. Cams aside, the heads flowed over 350 CFM! More power at more RPM for NA's or boost

Quick Reply: rev limiter!