1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

p0203, p0132, p0134

Old 08-08-2009, 12:32 AM
justinsanders
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0203, p0132, p0134

i know the p0203 is injector 3 circuit open, p0132 is 02 sensor voltage high sensor number 1, p0132 is 02 sensor number 1 no activity detected.

my question is y would i just throw that number 3 injector code out of nowhere. i have the 2.4 swap so which injector exactly would number 3 be? the one on cylinder 4 right? since the harness was moved one to the right? that would be the one with the short?

also i would assume by those other 2 codes that my o2 sensor is bad. or would the cylinder 3 injector not working cause it to get weird signals from the o2.

i will start it and unplug the injectors one by one to see if the idle drops and that'll tell me if its truely not firing. it does run really bad but theres a sweet spot in the throttle where it'll run ok. not the best but ok making it barley driveable. so that would lead me to think that there all firing right because i dont notice any miss when i find that sweet spot. what else should i look for? thanks

Old 08-08-2009, 01:54 AM
pizzo
All Star

Sounds like number 3 injector is your problem. It may be stuck open. when you idle it up its dumping the correct amount of fuel for the RPM that your expecting.
That is why you have a sweet spot in the throttle.
So check your wires to see if your getting the correct amount of power at the injector from the computer.
If so then just unplug the number 3 injector see what that does.
witch you have already done and didn't change anything
I think #3 injector is stuck open

As far as your o2 sensors codes go it could possibly be the injector causing it.
But if it was just your o2 sensor it should never kick that injector code if they was bad
you also asked what injector would be number 3 I have know idea you have swapped motors. but i think it would be number 4 also
i hope this helps
Pizzo

Old 08-08-2009, 07:17 PM
justinsanders
Captain

thanks alot man i really appreciate your help. it turns out that the injector on cylinder 4 was slightly unplugged but i plugged it back in and all was good now i just need my rrfpr.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:15 PM
pizzo
All Star

I had that happen to a Eagle talon that i was working on once. Injector was just unplugged Simple fix
what did you swap the engines with anyways?
what is the stock motor?

Old 08-11-2009, 04:06 PM
justinsanders
Captain

the stock motor was 2.0 single cam then about a week after owning the car i swapped that sohc out for my spare dohc. then recently i swapped that out for fully built bottom end off of a 2001 pt cruiser which was a 2.4L dohc and i put my stock 2.0 dohc head on the built bottom end. and turboed the hell out of it.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:52 AM
pizzo
All Star

That is crazy.
how much speed did you get out of that swap?
did you have to change the trans or final drive in anyway?

Old 08-12-2009, 02:06 AM
justinsanders
Captain

well our stock governor is at 118. ive hit it on a few occasions. but when i had the mopar comp. in it the governor was at 140 somethin i never hit that cuz the car wouldn't really go past 136 but that was before the swap to the 2.4 turbo. that was on the basically stock 2.0. but now with turbo we have to run the stock comp in it cuz the ignition timing advance on the mopar comp. is too agressive for turbo applications. but i planning on getting a mega squirt comp. to properly tune the engine perfectly that way ill also have a higher speed limiter. but i can tell its pretty dam fast as it is now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: p0203, p0132, p0134