1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Weird clicking noise from front drivers side tire.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:16 AM
phillykorean
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird clicking noise from front drivers side tire.

Hey guys my neon just developed a weird clicking sound coming from the left front tire and wheel area. I didn't see if the lug nuts are loose and I will tomorrow morning. But this clicking sound gets louder as you let off the gas pedal and let it coast and it doesn't go away when turning either. It sounds like a bicycle with those beads on the tires which would make those sounds while spinning. I know I hit a few rough roads in the neon like an old cobblestone walkway this past weekend and I hit a few big pot holes. I have seen other vehicles that people described with the issue and most of them would say it is a bad cv joint. But I know the only other issues, the car had was the tie rod was getting old on the front left side, but still good and the sway bar linkage and bushing on the left front side is broken. I hope it isn't anything really severe like life threatening.

Last edited by phillykorean; 07-04-2013 at 12:38 AM. Reason: New information
Old 07-06-2013, 06:22 AM
als99r/t
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have answered question already. Replace both cv joints, tie rods and swat bar bushing. Then go get a alignment!Yes It is dangerous if your tierod brakes while driving you and your car could be toast

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weird clicking noise from front drivers side tire.