1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Engine hesitation when turning

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 03:10 PM
synthesify
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine hesitation when turning

Hi! I have a quick question about my Neon for a problem that I've had for a few months now..when I turn right the whole car seems to chug and hesitate, i don't have the same problem turning left or going straight. If I try to give it more gas while turning right it won't do anything and it just kind of chugs and slowly loses RPM(or maintains RPM if I'm flooring it). As soon as I straighten it out the revs shoot right back up. It also seems to fluctuate RPM's and buck a little bit if I have it turned to the right when I'm just idling. At one point the service engine light was blinking while making a right turn but I tried to pull the codes today and got nothing relevant. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Old 08-26-2014, 09:18 PM
synthesify

An update: I got the codes that it gave me while turning right just now, they are: P0202 injector circuit open, and I get a cylinder 2 misfire code because of that. Super confusing why turning right would cause an error with an injector in only one cylinder..

Old 09-10-2014, 03:29 PM
synthesify

After replacing the injector and wiring, turns out it was the PCM. All fixed now

Quick Reply: Engine hesitation when turning