1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

fuse box wiring.. /other issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 10:14 AM
92DakotaClub
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fuse box wiring.. /other issues

I been looking and looking and probably overlooked it but trying to find the underhood fuse box wiring diagram with what color code wires go were for the 2 connector blocks beside it .. I'm trying to track down P1391 P0351 and a few other codes all related to ignition problems.. and before I touch any wires I know they will be brittle.. common its my 4th 1st neon been down that road but haven't had one before this one for about 6 years (a 1995 was last one )

its a 1999 SOHC got it for my parents since it was in better shape then most 5 year old vehicles with less mileage lol..

aint much I haven't changed on it yet, but seems issue developed shortly after bolt for main passenger upper motor mount snapped and engine dropped, so I am assuming wiring got stretched and so on, so I just want to find were it all goes and what wire is for what sensor ...

Old 05-23-2017, 03:52 PM
92DakotaClub
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well for what it is worth since these forums seem pretty dead lately(neon forum) spending hours tracing it down found the alternator wiring was actually dragging on the passenger side axle, and shorting out, causing wiring to melt on back harness across back of engine, removed and rewired , covered with high heat shielding made for race cars and so be it been running like a top since.. , its since been replaced with a Caliber tho witch had wiring issues .. hahaha so its a secondary runner for me now..

anyway incase it might help someone in the future ...