RE: How to replace ignition lock / tumblers?
(1) Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
(2) Before beginning removal of steering column assembly from vehicle, be sure front wheels of vehicle are in the straight ahead position.
(3) Remove the 4 screws attaching steering column cover, to lower instrument panel. Then remove the trim panel from the instrument panel.
(4) Remove 3 screws attaching the steering column cover liner to the instrument panel. Remove the liner from the lower instrument panel.
(5) If vehicle is equipped with speed control, remove the speed control switches from the steering wheel. If vehicle is not equipped with speed
control, remove the trim covers from the sides of the steering wheel.
6) Remove the 2 fasteners, 1 on each side of steering wheel, attaching the air bag module to the steering wheel.
(7) Remove air bag module from center of steering wheel. Then disconnect the clock spring electrical lead from the back of the air bag module.
(8) Disconnect the wiring lead for the horn switch in the airbag module from the wiring lead coming from the clockspring.
(9) Turn the lock cylinder to the off position and remove the key from the lock cylinder.
(10) Turn the steering wheel to the left 1/2 a turn (180°) until the steering column lock is engaged.
(11) Remove the steering wheel retaining nut, from the steering column shaft
(12) Remove steering wheel assembly from steering column shaft using Puller.
(13) Remove key lock cylinder from steering column by placing the key
lock cylinder in the Run position. Then through the hole in lower shroud, depress lock cylinder retaining tab and remove key lock cylinder.
Install is reverse of removal.