1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

dash wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 02:43 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dash wiring

Hey for some odd reason i just relized today that i dont have dash speakers... is there pre-existing wires for the dash speakers or will i have to do some of my own wiring to install the speakers?

Old 07-20-2006, 03:00 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dash wiring

if you pull up the dash, and look around where the speaker hole would be if the dash is left on you will see a type of connector, it wires should be green and red if I remember correctly, Id have to check mine out just drop in speakers that fit that hole ( 2 inch to 2 and a half ) and wire them up to those red and green wires, there is one on the right and one on the left, they may not be green and red but you will know when you see them, if that doesnt work you can ( depending on if what you want to hear) route them to the front door speakers or the rear, I put speakers in my head rest and routed them to the rear speakers and not the front.

Old 07-20-2006, 03:10 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion

Thanks

Old 07-20-2006, 03:41 AM
LilRedNeon97
Professional

good to know! i noticed that myself last week. there were little cushiony things covering the hole. If i put speakers in, do i put those back or get rid of them?

Old 07-20-2006, 05:36 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain

you dont have to but it would help with any unwanted vibration that might occur to the speaker during the ride. I just used the side holes with those little metal things to secure mine and removed the round cushion.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:05 AM
spudsterier
Legend

remember to make sure that the top of the dash has the openings for the speakers....if the car didnt come with them then you have to get a new top dash....unless the speakers were just removed...if the car didnt originally come with the speakers then the top dash will have the grill covers on it..but wont go through......

the stock dash speakers are factory wired to the front door speakers....but the dash speakers are equipped with a capacitor to make them more like tweeters

one of the wires for those speakers is green with a red stripe

i took out my stock dash speakers in my old car and replaced them with some audiobahn 3.5's....which is the size speaker that is supposed to go there...but audiobahn sizez their speakers differently so i cut out the top of the dash and mounted them to the top of that

Old 07-20-2006, 06:19 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion

ok... so i would basiclly just have to cut the openings? and also i found red and green wires but they are on top of the dash (so to speak) and their connector is facing towards the speaker...is that the wires?

Old 07-20-2006, 11:32 PM
spudsterier
Legend

thats them...
you will have to cut the dash out if you dont wanna get a new one....

Quick Reply: dash wiring