1st Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Lmc truck 72-93 catalog coming soon!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 12:43 PM
beakerztoyz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm I hope they havn't decided not to do this, I really don't understand why LMC hasn't had a catolog out for these trucks for years considering they were basically the same trucks for like 20 years. AND a lot of these trucks are at the stage where they would need little things, whereas lots of the older chev and ford trucks they seem to have parts for would either be already restored or beyond help.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:46 PM
dozer556
Rookie

Originally Posted by beakerztoyz
Hmm I hope they havn't decided not to do this, I really don't understand why LMC hasn't had a catolog out for these trucks for years considering they were basically the same trucks for like 20 years. AND a lot of these trucks are at the stage where they would need little things, whereas lots of the older chev and ford trucks they seem to have parts for would either be already restored or beyond help.
Personally, I think we get shoved to the side more often than not because the older Dodge market is so small compared to the Ford and Chevy guys.

I was reading somewhere on the Interwebs that LMC has been on again - off again with the 1st gen Dodge truck catalog for a few years now.

Old 03-09-2014, 01:50 PM
beakerztoyz
Professional

Originally Posted by dozer556
Personally, I think we get shoved to the side more often than not because the older Dodge market is so small compared to the Ford and Chevy guys.

I was reading somewhere on the Interwebs that LMC has been on again - off again with the 1st gen Dodge truck catalog for a few years now.
that sucks. And I honestly don't believe there is any less of a market for parts for our trucks than there is for chevy's and fords from the 40's and 50's which they have catolog's for.. I agree with an earlier poster if any of you guys around here also own chevy's or fords you should call up LMC just to tell them your not gonna buy parts.

Old 03-11-2014, 01:22 PM
dozer556
Rookie

Originally Posted by beakerztoyz
that sucks. And I honestly don't believe there is any less of a market for parts for our trucks than there is for chevy's and fords from the 40's and 50's which they have catolog's for.. I agree with an earlier poster if any of you guys around here also own chevy's or fords you should call up LMC just to tell them your not gonna buy parts.
Yes, it sucks, but I'll agree to disagree on the market for our trucks.

I'll throw some numbers out here, just for giggles - in 1983, Dodge sold about 75,000 D- and W-series trucks. By comparison, GMC (not Chevrolet, but the smaller GMC truck division) sold over 260,000 units that same year...an almost 3:1 ratio over Dodge.

How many of those 75,000 Dodge trucks are still out on the road from 1983? Half? A third? 10 percent? And how many of those are owned by folks who are going to actively buy parts, instead of just driving their trucks around on the farm/ranch/back 40?

The fact is that Chevrolet and Ford owned a huge chunk of the truck market for decades, and Dodge didn't. Ford cranked out more than 500,000 F-series trucks every year throughout the late 70s and early 80s. That's more than half a million units each production year. Dodge often didn't come close to 100,000 units sold each year during that same time.

Regarding the 40s and 50s Chevys and Fords, the market for these is there, just judging from the number of suppliers they have. It's not just trucks. Did you know you could build a '32 Ford roadster completely from aftermarket parts? The last '32 roadster came of the assembly line 82 years ago, but it remains so popular among rod builders that an entire industry has sprung up around it.

And there's the issue - 40s and 50s Chevys and Fords, and '32 Ford street rods, and 70s Broncos and Blazers are all POPULAR...much more popular than our beloved older Dodge trucks. More popular means a bigger market for those producing parts for these trucks. Honestly, if LMC or any other parts house thought that the '72-'93 Dodge truck market was going to be profitable, we would have had a catalog in our hands years ago.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:40 PM
beakerztoyz
Professional

Throw all the numbers out there that you want Dozer, fact is i never meant to imply dodge came anywhere near the output of chevy or ford at any time, there are quite a few first gens driven on a regular basis around here though. When I was talking about the older years I was talking about only trucks I agree street rods are popular but even at car shows I just don't see a lot of older trucks so it surprises me to think that there are anymore people wanting specific parts for them then there is for our trucks.

The one thing I thought LMC might like about our market is that if they talked to the people already making stuff for our trucks and brought them onboard it could be a win win for both with no competition unlike in the chevrolet market for example where a friend just redid a 79 chev truck without buying anything from LMC.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:33 PM
grantshultz1994
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it also says on their site that they are in the process of collecting/ re producing enough of each part to start off the catalog

Old 04-22-2014, 11:56 AM
beakerztoyz
Professional

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...com%2Fdodge%2F I hope this link works if not it was posted in the tech section by Xjarhead I believe, i just thought it should be in this thread too thanks man!

Old 04-28-2014, 03:54 PM
tincan57
Captain

My LMC 2nd gen catalog came today (might need it for an 05). If you 1st gens get a chance, read the latest Diesel World magazine for a build on a first gen, 2wd dual wheel called Papa Smurf. Pretty neat build. K.

Last edited by tincan57; 04-28-2014 at 08:03 PM. Reason: 3rd gen also
Old 05-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Chandlergti

Originally Posted by tincan57
My LMC 2nd gen catalog came today (might need it for an 05). If you 1st gens get a chance, read the latest Diesel World magazine for a build on a first gen, 2wd dual wheel called Papa Smurf. Pretty neat build. K.
My first gen catalog came!! Woot, little bit o a buzz kill since all this stuff is available on rock auto but nice to see it in catalog form.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:54 PM
00sidekick00
Rookie

my day was eh until i got on df and saw this thread. ordered my catalog now i'm browsing the online version. day made.

Quick Reply: Lmc truck 72-93 catalog coming soon!!!