1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Urgent Speedometer won't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Jacob1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent Speedometer won't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need help! I've heard numerous things about this. I need to know why my Speedometer won't work. I've been told the gear could be bad. Used to periotically not work for a while and then would kick in, but only if it had sat for a while (i.e while i was a work or away). But today it hasn't worked at all not even this morning. What could it be. My odometer hasn't work since i bought the truck will it fix that too, if not what will. I was told the gauge was bad. But the i was also told that about the coolant gauge but it only needed a new temp sensor and it works fine. Plz help i've got tommorow off and i hope i could fix it while i'm not working. Again PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!! NEED EXPERT HELP.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:49 PM
LT102
Default RE: Urgent Speedometer won't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On my 92', D150, my speedometer and odometer stopped working. Had to have the wiring harness to the transmission replaced. Another problem with the speedometer not working was it wouldn't shift into overdrive. Don't know if that is your problem but it's something to consider.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Jacob1
Veteran
Default RE: Urgent Speedometer won't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i first got the truck it was bucking badly and it ended up being the overdrive was in backwards, not me an transmission shop. it didn't do this until afterwards. So I tink it might have been bad and was damaged worse by the rebuild or the backwards overdrive. But you know what the day i woke up at 7:00 to work on it and went to speedway to get breakfast and it worked just ****ing fine. Pissed me off.

Quick Reply: Urgent Speedometer won't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!