1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Please Help My Ram 50!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 01:33 PM
baptistrevjp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help My Ram 50!

My son is 16 years and I bought him an 86 Dodge Ram 50 2.6L, 5sp., 4x4. I know it's not areal dodge, but my son really loves it. The problemI continue to have iswhere the front bearing, for the pilotshaftseats in the transmissioncase,is wore out so the shaft vibratesand the bearing keeps burning up. I know that a standard 5spd. front will fit by only exchanging 5th. gear and then hooking up the 4x4 tail. What I want to know is: Is there other Ram 50year models or Mitsubishi models that will fit, be more dependable, and stronger? I've been told by some that these Ram 50 trannys are real dependable if taken care of, but others have said they break down very easily. This is not going to be amud or 4 wheeling truck. He just wants to fix it upand use it as a good dependablehunting truck. Any helpwill be greatly appreciated. Thanks & God Bless!!