1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Any way to get d150 drop spindles?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 01:43 PM
lugnuts
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any way to get d150 drop spindles?

AIM spindles are JUNK. Got my spindles out to to take a look. Friggin junk. The left spindle is loose where it's pressed through the knuckle, could turn it by hand.Both spindles are also drilled off center where the spindle presses through the knuckle by .050' This makes the seal run off center in relation to the brg. Check your parts carefully for defects before you install/modify them! I am sending mine back for a refund.I'm not going to participate in unsupervised acceleration trials [heh heh heh]with that kinda junk under the front of my truck. Anybody else offer Dak spindles?

Old 03-04-2008, 05:25 PM
mrbelvedere

where did you get them from

Old 03-04-2008, 07:19 PM
lugnuts
All Star

ORIGINAL: mrbelvedere

where did you get them from
Ordered 'em off of TruckinSuspension's web site, but it's actually AIM Industries in Mesa Arizona. Was gonna get 'em to send me another left spindle until I noticed the off center machine work on both.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:03 PM
turbododgepirate
Professional

FRICK! I was gonna order them tomorrow.Now I gotta raise another $90.

This is really disappointing to hear. I saw their set of ebay for $200 shipped. The email is CHRIS@AIMIND.COM, and I am aure that they are AIM the same as yours. ANybody else have a source?

I just found :http://www.gcustoms.com

They have Belltech Drop Spindles for $292.32 part number 2600. ABout $92 more than I wanted to spend

http://www.innerauto.com

Has Belletch Drop spindles for $271.30

http://www.stillen.com model BEL2600 FREE SHIPPING looks like the best deal!
Has Belltech Drop spindles for $267.99

http://www.jegs.com

Has Belltech Drop spindles for $299.99

That's all I can find right now. I just hope Belltech spindles aren't manufactured by AIM.

I just looked at it, and at least the part numbers are very different. Every place that had the Belltech ones the part number was 2600, the truckinsuspension ones are just DK8790. Maybe there is hope.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:18 PM
84 Ram
Rookie

I had to tell Kenny at AIM to take a flying leap today. I ordered a set of spindles and springs from them a couple of weeks ago, when I went to mock up the setup I didn't get any drop out of it I think I actually got lift because the springs were way to long. I called them back andsent them pictures of a original spring compared to their 2" drop spring. Their spring was quite a bit taller and it was also bigger around. To make a long story short they sent the wrong springs and they want a 35% restocking fee or they would give me a store credit and I told him that I wasn't interested in anything they had to offer. If I could do this again I would have ordered a set of Bell Tech spindles. I am now going to put a set of factory replacement springs back in it and use a set of two inch drop lower control arms. I know this works I have seen it on another site.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:24 PM
lugnuts
All Star

I don't know yet if they are gonna try to charge me 35% or not, but I will raise billy hell with 'em if they do. He said they'd have to look at 'em first. It's not my fault their stuff is junk. It's also not your fault they screwed up on the springs. One thing that burns my *** is to be screwed by a company for their own mistakes. Kenny said he would reimburse me for the freight to send the spindles back. We'll see. I'll warn anyoneI seeabout their company if they don't teat us right.Don't see how they expect to stay in business.
Well anyhow, not much to do but try somebody else's, or go the spring/A-arm route. Or cut the the whole damn thing out and start from scratch. Haven't researched anybody else's stuff yet, but if I don't have to worry about the front tires leaving the scene of the crash, I guess $90 bucks more is worth it. I'll wait to see how AIM wants to do things, andgo from there. Belltechhas been around a long time. I'll call them and ask about their stuff. Thanks for the links/research TDP.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Rampant 150
Professional

Wow, I had heard that AIM was bad, but not THAT bad. I dont think that Belltech has anything to do with AIM. Thinking about the control arm route.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:29 PM
84 Ram
Rookie

If anyone is thinking about going the drop lower control arms method I found a guy that is making them and they are competivly priced actually cheaper than most. They are made of heavy construction and come ready to bolt in new balljoints and poly bushings.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:03 PM
VR440

We are selling a complete kit to lower the 72-93 half ton Dodge truck and Ramcharger 4" front 6" rear $819.99 + shipping

parts are also available individually +shipping

boxed-bucket lower control arms with ball joints $545.00
springs (1.5 coils shorter than stock $85.00
front shocks (they will not bottom out) $22.00
rear shocks (they will not bottom out) $45.00
shock plates-mounts $50.00
spring perches (must be welded to the rear housing) $25.00
u-bolts $21.00
stock length springs also available for a 2" drop front $75.00
installation at our shop $450.00

the rear is a flip. It puts the rear on top of the leaf spring. No cutting required to the frame in the rear.

In the front we use a bucket style lower control arm and shorter springs.
The bump stops must be shortened or removed in the front which is the only cutting you need to do.

also fiberglass interior trim molded off of nos 93 plastic interior parts coming soon. put the 1993 LE interior in any 1972-1993 truck

We are located near St. Louis in Wood River IL. For installation and ordering
contact Eric at Mid America Customs 618-407-7374 or eric@midamericacustoms.com
midamericacustoms.com under construction

Old 03-05-2008, 10:31 PM
moparborn
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What drop will you get with the control arms alone?

Quick Reply: Any way to get d150 drop spindles?