1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel tanks

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 06:21 PM
fumblerooskie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel tanks

Ok so I am new to the forums I just traded for a 1980 w100 I think its a 100, overall not a bad truck need a lot of interior work but I think overall not bad. My question is this, I am looking for some pics of the fuel tank setup under one of these trucks, somewhere along the line my truck lost both tanks, it is a shortbed dual tank truck, and someone put a 10 gallon fuel cell in the bed. With 6 inches of lift and 36 inch tires its a bitch to add fuel to the truck and I want to put at least one of the original tanks in it. If anyone knows where I can get replacement tank or tanks that would help as well. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Old 11-01-2009, 10:25 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

you could probably get the tank out of any dodge truck but the staps may not be the same. i put a tank from a 86 long box into my 92 shortbox and there was a bit of a difference in the tank shape but it fit. the straps on my truck where different that the straps on the 86.

Old 03-22-2023, 07:33 AM
alchemist
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good morning – 1st post here! My father-in law has a 1991 6 cyl D150 long bed and needs a fuel tank as existing one is leaking bad. His is the 22g. I can only find the Holley 28g online and not sure it will work. He wants a larger one as he will eventually do engine swap to 8cyl. Can you help me figure out which tanks will work for him? Will the Holley work for him? If so, do I need to get all of the accessories (sending unit, pump, etc?)

Old 03-23-2023, 08:13 AM
Machomur
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMC Truck has gas tank components but I don’t see the tank for that year. Maybe try searching Mopar junk yards or wrecking yards and see if somebody has one.

Old 03-23-2023, 01:37 PM
u2slow
Professional
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

The bigger tank has to fit. That's the only size tank any of my longbeds have had. I suspect it needs to be a 88-91 tank for the pump/sender to swap over. Try www.car-part.com, otherwise check your local ads for trucks being parted - every truck had a tank.

Quick Reply: Fuel tanks