1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

throttle cable question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:26 AM
150Dodge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle cable question?

i have a 91 dodge w150 and i got a new throttle cable for it bacause the old one was touching the floor dont know if that was normal but i would assume not, i got a new one and there is way to much slack, i had to put a loop/knot in the cable before it connects to spot on the TB to get it to work somewhat right,it is the correct part i have contacted the people who make it and it is correct, dont see anyway to adjust it but is there a trick or is my tb f ed up

Old 04-21-2009, 11:44 AM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Inside the cab the cable goes thru the top of the peddle lever and there should be a plastic keeper with a rubber grommet that slides over the cable. You can add shims between this keeper and the peddle lever to take up slack. This should not be necessary if you have the right part and it is routed correctly but it is better than a knot in the cable.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:41 PM
150Dodge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah that would be better

Quick Reply: throttle cable question?