1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Comatibility and electrical ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 12:48 AM
mhetrick89
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comatibility and electrical ?

hey guys me again. Well I was at a junkyard looking for a goo gear box for the truck and found a 1984/5 Dodge 250 Pickup. Its the shortbed 2wd. Whoever ha it was restoreing it cause the body is perfect. Well as you can tell from pictures that are up my doors are ifferent collors and ruste through on the bottom.I was wondering if the doors of this truck woul match up to mine. Also the tail gate that is on this truck is the style I want. Its the style where instead of the long alluminum pice with the small doge logo on it is just a normal tailgate with In big letters DODGE through the center. Would that match up as well? If so what about the Gear box. Im not sure if that matters since its the same body style. Also I have a grounding problem with the fuel gauge cause it flutters a little which I thought was due to a worn out sending unit but when the music gets turned up it dances to my music. What can I do to fix it. And last the trucks thermostat is alwasy stuck on cold never moves so I thought it was broken but today I was coming back from my parents house( about 20min) and i saw the needle jump from C to H about 3 times then sticking back to C. what could cause that?

Old 12-17-2009, 12:49 AM
mhetrick89
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sry about the D's not showing up in some words my D key is messe up

Old 12-17-2009, 12:06 PM
aaron7
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Body parts are usually the same for most any of the first generation but some have slight differences.

Such as when we put a 84 D250 body on my 88 D100 chassis, the bed mounts were entirely different. Doors were the same, tailgate the same, whole front end the same. Chassis harness did NOT plug into my cab and we had to use some of the 84 dash harness to make it work.

I'm guessing these differences would apply to you as well as 88-93 was the newer style 1st gen and you have a 90.

Quick Reply: Comatibility and electrical ?