1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

caliper bushing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 06:53 AM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If Rock Auto lists it for use on your vehicle I would have them explain where it goes and what it does even if they have to go to corporate. If they can't explain and don't remove the listing I would not deal with them because that would tell me I couldn't trust them.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:15 AM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talk about idiots. The person who did my brakes before I bought my truck messed up a bit. They put the retaining clips on backwards, so only a 1/16 inch or so was holding the caliper in place. Eventually, the caliper started to slip through the clips more and more, and would flip up partway off the disc, and grind to a halt every time I touched the brakes. Yeah. Good times . . .

Old 04-03-2011, 11:25 AM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That is exactly why they tell you to do one side at a time so you can make sure you have a reference to avoid that kind of thing. I can't even remember how many times I have done brake jobs and I still do one side at a time even if I think I know what I am doing.

Quick Reply: caliper bushing?