1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 09:59 AM
aje1127
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor mounts

been trying to figure out the easy way to change these on my 93 d150.
i come up with useing a 10ft 4x4 across the front of the truck,jack truck up chain to the engine around the 4x4,support the ends of the 4x4 with 2 tables,then lower the truck enough to get them out and the new ones in.
anyone have a better idea?? ideas helpfull thank you

Old 04-03-2011, 10:42 AM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used an engine hoist before or a floor jack with a length of 2x2 under the engine to change mounts. Your way should work if the tables are sturdy enough. Just keep an eye on the distributer to fire wall clearance and the top of the bell housing to tunnel clearance as you lower the truck body.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:42 PM
SixGun
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I removed both nuts to the top of the mounts and loosened the trans mount to have some play. Then I did one side at a time by jacking up one side with a 2X4 under the oil pan rail and removed the engine support bracket. I left both nuts off till the other side was in place. Just keep an eye on the trans tunnel and may need to unclip the trans cooler lines just in case.

Have fun.

Quick Reply: motor mounts