1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

QuickSteel for exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Slodave
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QuickSteel for exhaust?

Need to patch headers while I save the money for new ones. Wondering if anyone has experience with this stuff. I plan on layering over several days and using max cure time just to make sure. Thoughts/advice?

Old 04-20-2013, 09:45 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

what exactly are you trying to use the stuff to patch up? is it a hole or some cracks? i have personally never tried the stuff. i usually just clean metal up and weld it if i got the time and there is enough left to weld to.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:41 PM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never ever gotten any sort of exhaust sealer to work. You might want to try taking it to a local shop and see what they can do on the cheap. My local meineke would probably weld a cracked flange or joint for $20 if it's easy to get to.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Mr.Clean27320
Rookie

I have used it to seal up spots in my exhaust that did not get welded up good because it was on the top of the pipe and you could not get to it good. It worked good. It is still on the cars pipes and holding strong after 10 years. What size is the holes you trying to seal with it?

Old 04-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Slodave

Patched a 2x1 inch hole and a few small ones, stuff worked really well. But now I have to get a new muffler, she sounds sad all patched up lol

Quick Reply: QuickSteel for exhaust?