1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

91 dodge 1ton 5.9

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 01:16 AM
sdjordan87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 dodge 1ton 5.9

Ive got a 91 dodge cummins my speedometer wont work tachometer or odometer i bought a speed sensor for it and the speedometer still wont work the wore that plugs into it is good i tested it for continuity any suggestions on where else to look im wanting to avoid taking the dash apart

Old 08-25-2013, 10:31 PM
snobuster
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 91 cew cab d350 with the cumins,my speedometer would not work either. i replaced the distance sensor on the trans, no change,checked continuity from sensor to the ecm and it was good for both wires, the same to pin 6 on the instrument cluster. I pulled the speedo and checked for power , i had 12 v between the center(B+) pin and the top(ground pin). The last step was to check the speedo over very carefuly and i found a discolored resistor and part of the printed circuit missing. I was able to find a speedo out of a 1990 and it looked to be ok, installed it and I now have a speedometer. You may have the same problem as these speedos are a pain.

Quick Reply: 91 dodge 1ton 5.9