1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Chrome trim installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 11:40 PM
beakerztoyz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome trim installation

So as some of you might have seen in my 85 dodge paint post I repainted the truck, it's basically been drying all week Now I'm thinking it's about time to put the rocker moulding's and the chrome trim back on.

Does anyone around here have any experience doing this?? I'm thinking the theory with the mouldings is to put the clips on then put the bottom on first and pull up kind of clip it over the top right?

The little chrome strips up higher I am a little more lost on, the theory is to just put the clips on the truck and then line up the strips and pusth them straight on? or is there a different way i should do it?

Thanks T.J.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:09 PM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From what I recall, you have the right idea of things. Put the clips on, then put the bottom of the trim piece on, center it left and right, and then give it a good upwards and inwards whack! Make sure your paint is fully cured first!

Old 04-10-2014, 04:53 PM
1985blueram

Can anyone help me on where i can buy replacement trim? One peice got pretty bent up and i cant find a place to buy it.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:39 PM
grantshultz1994
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1985blueram
Can anyone help me on where i can buy replacement trim? One peice got pretty bent up and i cant find a place to buy it.
ebay is your best bet

Old 04-14-2014, 08:43 PM
grantshultz1994
Veteran
Old 04-15-2014, 12:05 PM
emnestor
Professional

Originally Posted by beakerztoyz
So as some of you might have seen in my 85 dodge paint post I repainted the truck, it's basically been drying all week Now I'm thinking it's about time to put the rocker moulding's and the chrome trim back on.

Does anyone around here have any experience doing this?? I'm thinking the theory with the mouldings is to put the clips on then put the bottom on first and pull up kind of clip it over the top right?

The little chrome strips up higher I am a little more lost on, the theory is to just put the clips on the truck and then line up the strips and pusth them straight on? or is there a different way i should do it?

Thanks T.J.
Ever thought about stripping the anodizing off the trim and polishing itout first? I have a number of pieces in my trim that are anodized polished aluminum and want to give it a try.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:28 PM
cmfriend
Amateur
Default Finding Trim Parts

My truck was missing 1 piece of rocker trim rear driver side.
I finally found one at E&J auto salvage in Cadet MO about 1 hour drive from my house. I do know where to find almost all other peices close to my home.
They had many older RAMs and Ramchargers but don't think they will ship anything.
If you let me know what piece you need I can check it out and send it to you.

Last edited by cmfriend; 04-21-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:28 PM
grantshultz1994
Veteran

Originally Posted by cmfriend
My truck was missing 1 piece of rocker trim rear driver side.
I finally found one at E&J auto salvage in Cadet MO about 1 hour drive from my house. I do know where to find almost all other peices close to my home.
They had many older RAMs and Ramchargers but don't think they will ship anything.
If you let me know what piece you need I can check it out and send it to you.
do they have any with the gold/tan interior I need a glovebox... I have one but its not the right color and it bothers me

Old 04-22-2014, 01:36 PM
cmfriend
Amateur
Default Glove Box door

I know of a Ramcharger with tan interior at a yard called BIG 3 auto salvage in House Springs MO not far from me.
http://www.big3salvage.com/
not sure what they would charge for it but I bought some other interior trim parts and they were 10 bucks.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:19 PM
grantshultz1994
Veteran

ok thanks ill check out their site

Quick Reply: Chrome trim installation