1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

91 Dodge Ram Van B350

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 04:28 PM
crazynatemc79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Dodge Ram Van B350

Hi, I'm havig problems with my van. It starts fine and stays on but it rev's up and down quite a bit and when I try to give it gas to go, it dies. It's as if I wasn't even pressing the gas pedal, just backfire then die. I added a container of "Heet Gas9Line Antifreeze & Water Remover" and it does pretty much the same, starts up like a champ but the idling goes up and down, sits for a while then starts to die down but the idling picks up and sounds like its going hyper, then dies down again. I can let it idle fine after it warms up, but takes a few starts to get warm. These problems have just started happening in the cold weather, ran fine before. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

This has happened before also but after warming up and driving for a while it ran just fine, had a minor backfire/not accepting gas issue once before but this time seems worse.

Nate

Last edited by crazynatemc79; 01-03-2014 at 04:30 PM. Reason: New info

Quick Reply: 91 Dodge Ram Van B350