1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

727 throttle rod info

Old 01-09-2014, 05:38 PM
theonlymikelogan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 727 throttle rod info

Hi. New member to the forums, I've got a 73 D-100, w/225, originally spinning a 3-inna-tree, swapped over to a 727 before my purchase. Was told the auto was shift-kitted, but no avail. info there. Its mated to a home -brewed floor shift, and has no, kick-down or throttle rod. I read (somewhere) in a forum, that running a 727 without a throttle rod could " burn out the tranny". I'm a competent wrench hand, not scared to adjust the valves on my slanty, but never delved to deep into automatics. Any advice would be much appreciated- I know there are some fine Mopar thinkers out there. I've got most of the Chilton's and Clymer manuals, but this is more anecdotal stuff-knowledge not found in books. Thanks, Mike

Old 01-09-2014, 06:38 PM
xjarhead69
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey if you havent done so you may want to post this on slantsix.org.
Lots of great help there too. And someone may have the parts you need or point you in the right direction for them.

Dave

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 727 throttle rod info