1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine Pop & O2 sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 05:11 PM
ryan0714
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine Pop & O2 sensor

hey guys i posted a long time ago over in the 2nd gen forum cuz thats where i used to spend all my time, but i figured id ask here for this one. been chasing doiwn this problem for a long time now. i had a "engine pop" develop under loads such as going up hill and hard accel. so anyways after changing anything and everything it could be, i still get it. well today i chose to just unscrew the o2 sensor and drive it up a hill with it still connected but not in the exhaust, it ran like a dream, i did get one slight little pop once, but it was on flat surface which was weird. but while going up and down the giant hills nothin, ran perfect.

should i try it again with the o2 sensor completly unhooked? and say it runs perfect how should i go about fixing this? its the pre cat o2 there is no post o2. truck has no cat anyways. i could try puttin 2-3 non foulers on it to get it out of the stream i guess. any other ideas?

Quick Reply: Engine Pop & O2 sensor