1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lifted my 1975 dodge w100 power wagon

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 12:52 AM
NiNjAassasin545
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifted my 1975 dodge w100 power wagon

hey guys. i have been wanting to lift this truck ever since i got it and i finally got around to it. ill put some pictures on here of what it used to look like and how it looks now. i really like how it came out.

The lift kit is a 4 in rough country (all around leaf springs)

What it used to look like:

What it looks like now:

Ill put some more pictures up when i can and as i add more stuff to it. i just put on dual steering stabilizers and i might put a picture of them up tomorrow.

Last edited by NiNjAassasin545; 01-22-2014 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:21 AM
Cmckinney99
Professional

Nice truck man

Old 02-06-2014, 12:44 AM
Jpatton16

Where did you purchase this lift kit?And if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost?

Old 02-07-2014, 12:16 AM
NiNjAassasin545
Amateur

Originally Posted by Jpatton16
Where did you purchase this lift kit?And if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost?
i got it from rough country. there really good and cheap. they have the same lift except you put blocks in the rear for $370 and i got the all around new lifted leaf springs for about 700 after shipping.
(if you do get this kit it comes with everything except the brake lines and new drivelines.. just take it to a 4x4 shop and they can do both of those for no more than a couple 100.. maybe cheaper

Old 02-07-2014, 07:05 PM
dozer556
Rookie

Originally Posted by NiNjAassasin545
i got it from rough country. there really good and cheap. they have the same lift except you put blocks in the rear for $370 and i got the all around new lifted leaf springs for about 700 after shipping.
My own experience with Rough Country lifts is a bit different. I would say that they are certainly cheap, but really not that good. Yes, the kits will get your rig up in the air, but the ride quality is not the best.

I put one on a buddy's truck a few years back, and we ended up swapping it out in less than 6 months. Ride was stiff as hell. The quality of the hardware that came with the kit was poor, and in some cases not even the right size.

We replaced it with a Tuff Country kit - something I would put in the "cheap but good" category. YMMV, but you get what you pay for.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:43 PM
sls001
Captain

Originally Posted by dozer556
My own experience with Rough Country lifts is a bit different. I would say that they are certainly cheap, but really not that good. Yes, the kits will get your rig up in the air, but the ride quality is not the best.

I put one on a buddy's truck a few years back, and we ended up swapping it out in less than 6 months. Ride was stiff as hell. The quality of the hardware that came with the kit was poor, and in some cases not even the right size.

We replaced it with a Tuff Country kit - something I would put in the "cheap but good" category. YMMV, but you get what you pay for.
Agree - Rough country is very ROUGH riding and very cheap in construction. Save your money and buy better springs.

Quick Reply: Lifted my 1975 dodge w100 power wagon