1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

starting problems... i need help!

Old 02-14-2014, 01:31 AM
NiNjAassasin545
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question starting problems... i need help!

so about 5 months ago it started getting these problems and at first it was the battery and it just wasn't getting charged back up... so i put a new battery alternator and regulator in and it fixed that part, but for the past few months its been doing this and i cant figure out why.. iv checked/tried a lot of things. it seems like when i drive my truck and let it cool down it will start right back up, but when i try to start it when the engines hot it never wants to fire up... it just cranks over and over.. even when i put gas in the carb.

iv worked with the choke and sometimes it seems like the gas drains out of the bowl and the fuel filter and goes in the engine. i just hold the gas pedal to the floor and it starts, but thats when the engine cools. if its hot it wont start.. anybody know what the problem is?

btw i put a new thermostat in it, but the temp gauge doesn't work so i cant tell how hot it is.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:18 AM
xjarhead69
Record Breaker

Make sure the timing is set correctly. If its to far out it wont start when hot.

Dave

Old 02-14-2014, 09:57 AM
NiNjAassasin545
Amateur

alright, ill check that out.. thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: starting problems... i need help!