1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Check out my Restoration build

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 10:07 AM
emnestor
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar Trucks
Nice clean installation and it looks great. While you have the front clip off have you considered changing your steering shaft to a Borgeson unit? I cant see the pictures too well with my crappy computer but it looks like you are using stock and the Borgeson will be a big improvement for you.
Steering shaft installed! Thanks for the reminder. Now its back to some grunt work. Spent the weekend sanding and prepping the egine bay/ front clip for a respray before installing it.

Name:  STEERINGSHAFTINSTALL.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  44.1 KB

Old 06-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Mopar Trucks
Rookie

Looking good, keep the progress pictures coming, its giving me inspiration to get back to my rigs!

Old 06-09-2014, 10:24 AM
emnestor
Professional
Default Update

So i was able to make some progress this week. I spent all week sanding and prepping the engine bay for a respray while I have the front clip off. I wanted to match the factory appearance so no clear coat. i also re-shot the grille black out and tried to match the overspray as best as possible. They were actually quite sloppy at the factory with that black out. While I was at it, I stripped the wheel wells and epoxy painted them satin black.
I wired up the new ignition system since I am deleting the old lean burn system and all the pollution control items as well. It is going to have to stay exposed as in the picture for now because I know better than to spend hours running it through the harness only to have to remove it when there is a problem trying to fire up the motor. Once she's dialed in I'll be sure to make it pretty.
Name:  ENGINEBAYRESPRAY.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  42.0 KB
Name:  EGINEBAYRESPRAY2.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  45.1 KB
Name:  GRILLBLACKOUT.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  51.5 KB
Name:  ECUWIRED.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  43.4 KB

Old 07-11-2014, 07:29 PM
SixGun
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So this is where you've been hiding. Great work as always buddy.

I am really interested in the headers and exhaust routing. Part number and application and any clearance issues would be nice.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:54 PM
emnestor
Professional

Originally Posted by SixGun
So this is where you've been hiding. Great work as always buddy.

I am really interested in the headers and exhaust routing. Part number and application and any clearance issues would be nice.

Hey Six Gun,
My summer has been less productive than I would have liked. I am trying to adjust doors ( PIA) and finsish some wiring so that I can put the front clip back on. Once that is complete I will be towing it over to the exhaust shop and then I will be able to post some pics. As of now the plan is to route the drivers side under the oil pan over to the passenger's side and run both pipes parallel straight back to a 2 in 2 out single muffler tha has a built in x pipe. Thats the plan anyway.... I do know that the Trans cooler lines are going to need some manipulation to clear the drivers side exhaust.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:47 AM
emnestor
Professional
Default Long over due update with lots of Pics

So....Ive been away from the computer all summer ( School Teacher) and figured I should post an update.

This summer I finsihed getting the front clip respray, Electronic ignition, shift linkage, Carb and trans kick down cable adaption, front clip is back home, everything is buttoned up under the hood, motor is ready to be fired and broken in, new exhaust..... So I am going to post the link to the slide show for now. Lots of new pics....

http://s115.photobucket.com/user/the...48032459991659

Last edited by emnestor; 08-28-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:47 PM
Barobot

Originally Posted by emnestor
While on spring break I decided to get out and enjoy the weather. I was debating on removing the cab to finish the frame and floor resto but I got way lucky!!!! Spent hours cleaning and grinding down the frame rails. Then POR 15 to the rails and heres what I ended up with.

100% original epoxy primer from the factory and not one spec of rust!!!!
I'm a noob here, how do you post pictures?

Attached Thumbnails Check out my Restoration build-survivorfloorpan.jpg  
Old 08-29-2014, 07:17 AM
emnestor
Professional

Originally Posted by Barobot
I'm a noob here, how do you post pictures?
Its a bit tricky on this forum. the easiest way is to use photo bucket and copy and paste

Old 08-29-2014, 07:23 AM
emnestor
Professional

After the front end lift
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-29-2014, 07:28 AM
emnestor
Professional
Default Front clip and motor buttoned up

[IMG][/IMG]