1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel Pump Check Terminal / test connector

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 04:29 PM
ChristopherASA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Fuel Pump Check Terminal / test connector

1990 Ram 50, 2.4L, 2-wheel drive, bottom-of-the-rung model. Trying to figure out if my fuel pump is bad. Haynes refers to a fuel pump check terminal” and says it’s behind the fuse box (adjacent to the driver’s left knee). Chilton refers to a "test connector" somewhere in the engine compartment. Which publication is correct? ANY specifics you give me any on how to find the darn thing(s) would be of IMMENSE aid since there is no ‘certified’ mechanic within 60 miles or so (just two guys raised on farms) . I’ve looked behind the fuse box per Haynes, see all kinds of connectors, but can't for the life of me find anything that looks like a “check terminal.” [A check terminal would look like the female of a connector, with a place to stick a probe or, in this case, some BAT+ ?) THANK YOU!!!

ps. is there a fuel pump fuse in here somewhere other than in the fuse box located by the driver's left knee? Any help with the specific location of the fuel-pump relay would also be M U C H apperciated.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Check Terminal / test connector