1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I give up and need help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 05:21 PM
warriorde52
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I give up and need help!

I got 88 d100 3.9 5 spd manual. In a no start condition. That I'm at a loss with. I got it not running and somehow managed to get it running while doing diagnostics. Well it recently went kaput on me on the way home from work. Just straight died. No spark or fuel.

Here's where it gets weird. I'm certain it's OBDI but has no CEL or port for me to get codes from. It gets even more weird. I have no ASD relay on the quarter panel everything seems to be factory so I think it didn't come wth one only a relays present are fuel pump relay and starting system relay. I don't believe it has a ballast resistor cause it's TBI and has a PCM. Where do I start? I read in another forum if the hall effect goes out it could make the PCM go into shut down. But it ran so good I'm doubtful that could be it.

When I tow it home tomorrow I'm gonna check for voltage at the fuel pump relay and the coil. Any other ideas?

Old 07-25-2014, 09:30 AM
warriorde52
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ideas anyone?

Quick Reply: I give up and need help!