1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help...Holley Throttle Body rebuild questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 10:32 PM
hokietiger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help...Holley Throttle Body rebuild questions

Hi gang,

The specifics:

1989 Dodge W100 Power Ram 4x4....5.2L/318c.i....Auto Trans...Original equipped EFI Holley throttle body.

I am attempting to remove the HOLLEY THROTTLE BODY to replace gaskets.
ANY ADVICE, WARNINGS, etc. on the procedure is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Mike

Old 08-01-2014, 03:45 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the older small block heads had an opening in the middle facing up that is good for swallowing bolts and parts and not giving them back. if your head has such an opening best to cover it before working. and here is saying my pappy made up. Mopar dist cap wiring
My dad made this saying about small and big block dist cap wireing. To reduce wiring confuseion. “the small block has the dist in the wrong place, in the back of the engine. BUT the shaft rotates the right way clockwise. The big block has the dist in the right place, in the front of the engine BUT the shaft rotates the wrong direction counterclockwise. Both wire #5 and #7 on both ALL ways have #5 before #7 on the cap AND block. And most / some stock V8s have the fireing order cast in to the intake manifold.

Quick Reply: Help...Holley Throttle Body rebuild questions