1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 09:05 PM
318annestruck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I have a 318 Dodge ram with new plugs new wires cap rotor fuel pump fuel filters backfiring missing sputtering etc. Next step? Timing or will except any info thank you

Old 08-14-2014, 10:28 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all ways check the easiest and cheapest things first. check the firing order, it might be on the manifold. here is saying my dad cam up with. Mopar single fire V8 dist cap wiring
My dad made this saying about small and big block dist cap wireing. To reduce wiring confuseion. “the small block has the dist in the wrong place, in the back of the engine. BUT the shaft rotates the right way clockwise. The big block has the dist in the right place, in the front of the engine BUT the shaft rotates the wrong direction counterclockwise. Both wire #5 and #7 on both ALL ways have #5 before #7 on the cap AND block. And most / some stock V8s have the fireing order cast in to the intake manifold. And more info: if the cap has a vent hole next to the center tower. Plug it with JB-weld.