1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No fuel to Throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 09:47 PM
TRushing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No fuel to Throttle body

1988 W150 Here.s the problem.Truck starts fine when cold runs great,but it quits after driving it for awhile.I am getting 14psi fuel pressure at throttle body when running.Once it quits I have to let it set for a couple of hours then pore some fuel into throttle body to get it started again.It sounds like it.s vapor locking,but I just don.t get it. Any advice would be appreciated.
T Rushing

Old 04-23-2015, 09:19 PM
newtjr
Amateur
Default no fuel to throttle body

Have you checked computer codes. Does it still have spark when this happens. Let us know. newtjr

Old 04-26-2015, 08:02 PM
TRushing
Default Found the problem

The problem was with the connection on top of the gas tank. I assumed since the gauge was showing plenty of fuel in the tank the contact was good. Got a friend to help me by turning on the key while I was under the truck to check the pump, it should come on for a couple of seconds when the key is turned nothing. I held down on the connection and tried it again and it came on.Now to figure a way of rewiring the connection.
Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply: No fuel to Throttle body