1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Aftermarket Wheels for D-150

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 11:45 AM
JGC403
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aftermarket Wheels for D-150

I'm looking at getting new wheels for my '85 Ram D-150. Most aftermarket wheels are a lot wider than the stock steel wheels, that is OK as long as it will clear.

Stock height truck with a rear leveling kit. I'm looking at 17"x 8" wheels with a 4.488" backspacing and no offset and 255/60R15 tire.

I think they will clear in the rear no problem but, up front I'm not sure.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:11 AM
newtjr
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 17" Tire/wheel conversion

go to tire-size-conversion.com and enter your stock tire size. see results as it gives you the option to change wheel size (ie 17"). I changed from 15" wheels to 16" wheels. My truck is in paint shop. I will check tire size and let you know. Also I had to use wheel spacer/adapter to use aftermarket wheels.
Note: the bolt center (not bolt circle) is larger on these trucks than most wheels. You can also get the results on the backspacing/offset the the adapters. I had plenty of wheel well space. I have stock springs on mine. newtjr

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Wheels for D-150