1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Door seals make doors tight to close

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 08:03 PM
PowerRamDan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Door seals make doors tight to close

So I just picked up an 87' w100 custom and it came with new door seals from LMC truck. I removed the old seals, installed the new ones and the doors will not fully close flush with the body they stick out about an 1"-1 1/2" so I went to a local fastener warehouse and found a matching seal that had a narrower rib on it that fits over the channel to try and take away some thickness in the seal and there no different I realize new rubbers will have to work in but they have been on for a few weeks now in the heat and they haven't got any softer Aswell I have adjusted the striker for the door multiple times to get it to pull in but no luck has anyone had a similar situation or know a trick to making it work? before I or someone else damages the doors from slamming them lol

Old 06-05-2015, 08:41 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Sounds like you have the wrong seals. If there was a # on them check it and see what is was for. The side view on both should be the same.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:59 AM
The War Wagon
Professional
Question

Do you have that famous Gen.1 door sag (my driver's side door does )? THAT could also be part of the problem.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:58 PM
PowerRamDan

thats the first thing I did! According to LMC they fit 72'-93' rams but who knows the guy could have put a different set of rubbers in the bag and used the lmc ones on another truck he had there

Quick Reply: New Door seals make doors tight to close