1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1988 Dodge Ram D-100

Old 06-12-2015, 11:28 PM
Mickey53
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 Dodge Ram D-100

Hello I have a 1988 Dodge Ram D-100 I have owned since new. It is a 5.2 318 motor and automatic transmission. Yesterday I went to the car wash and decided to wash the engine compartment as I have done many times before. But this morning I went out to drive my truck and it started running rough and got worse the more I drove it. Then it started stalling each time I put it into drive and would stall when I came to a stop unless I put it into neutral but soon as I put it into drive it would stall. And a sound like the rear end or transmission was going to fall out weird !! It had acted like this a couple of times in the pass but it was just moisture in the distributor cap but not this time ? It was not doing any of this until I wash the engine and not until the next day after that ??? Please Help. It will start easy and sound's good until I put it into drive then it just stops ?? Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1988 Dodge Ram D-100