1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power brake booster electrical issues.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 03:40 PM
kyle3194
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power brake booster electrical issues.

Today, after driving my 83 w150, I came back home and when I got out I realized that my brake lights were still on. I fiddled with the pedal to no avail, and started smelling something electrically hot. I looked under the hood, and saw the the electrical connector on the end of the master cylinder was smoking. Now, I believe it is completely fried. I have no brake lights, but it still seems that I have power brakes. Does anyone have any clue what could be going on?

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

Old 09-13-2015, 06:41 PM
kyle3194
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kyle3194
Today, after driving my 83 w150, I came back home and when I got out I realized that my brake lights were still on. I fiddled with the pedal to no avail, and started smelling something electrically hot. I looked under the hood, and saw the the electrical connector on the end of the master cylinder was smoking. Now, I believe it is completely fried. I have no brake lights, but it still seems that I have power brakes. Does anyone have any clue what could be going on?

Thanks in advance,

Kyle
It was a pressure switch that is down line of the master cylinder. When the master cylinder pushes the brake fluid, it completes the circuit and turns on the brake lights. That's it's only function. Easy fix just new switch.

Quick Reply: Power brake booster electrical issues.