1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transmission problems/linkageRod??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Tsmeltzer22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Transmission problems/linkageRod??

I have a 90' w150 bought it about 2hrs away from home, drove and shifted clean all the way back. Next day it wont shift out of 2nd then it shifts normal randomly or.it will shift normal then kick out back in the 3rd or 2nd. I took off the linkage rod and adjusted also put a new spring on tbe top of rod thays connected to the throttle spring as instructed by local transmission shop. After all done and put together it shifted fine but felt alittle shoft. Drove fine for a week straight then today i went to get my kids from daycare shut truck off came back out the took off and it wont even shift out of 1st even i manual go from 1st to 2nd then drive nothing. I still have park and reverse AND skme what drive if it wants to. Whats the problem now??

Old 05-02-2016, 03:43 PM
mechanic58

As long as park still works, just leave it in park. Should be fine.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:24 AM
bonewacker

My engine vibrates when given even just a little throttle, nothing in idle. this is both in neutral and in drive. Anyone knows why or have a solution to this very annoying problem ?

Last edited by bonewacker; 05-03-2016 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:13 PM
mechanic58

Originally Posted by bonewacker
My engine vibrates when given even just a little throttle, nothing in idle. this is both in neutral and in drive. Anyone knows why or have a solution to this very annoying problem ?
This is probably because it is running. Turn it off and this problem will go away.

Quick Reply: Transmission problems/linkageRod??