1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

93 D150 - to buy or not to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 03:26 PM
drabina
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 D150 - to buy or not to buy?

I am looking at 93 D150 truck as a third car that is going to be used to haul branches, leaves and grass clippings (once a week) and for occasional Home Depot trips. Just a spare pickup truck since I just moved into a house and became a homeowner with a backyard (bye bye monthly condo maintenance which took care of all my landscaping needs).

The truck has low miles for the year (90K) and besides two bubbling spots on fenders, it is rust free. Unfortunately, it sat for 2 years so it needs new tires and master cylinder. Muffler could use replacement as well (new one was not installed properly). If I get it, I would also change all the fluids and inspect brakes. Other than that the car is in excellent shape.

Would a car like that be a good candidate to keep around as a third car in a two-driver household as a spare truck? Price wise, it is listed at $1500 but I know that owner will let it go for around $1000-1100. Because of the master cylinder issue, it would have to be towed. That plus cost of new tires since I am not driving tires that sat for 2 years.

I am new to Dodge so any comments are welcome.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:15 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

I would do some inspecting before purchase so you know what else you would have to replace and use that as a negotiating tool.

Quick Reply: 93 D150 - to buy or not to buy?