1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

At my wits end with odometer, not the little cog!

Old 10-09-2016, 03:35 PM
DemonSlayer5545
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At my wits end with odometer, not the little cog!

I have a 1990 Dodge D150 and the odometer and tripometer stopped working. I have bought a second cluster and it didn't work either. So I took my second one (not my original, I don't wanna mess it up) and took the odometer assembly out and got to the motor and both of those little cog thingies were perfectly fine. No chipped or missing teeth at all. So, I took a test light to the plug.

http://imgur.com/a/BunuZ

On A I have constant power, I figured the one to the left of A is the ground. Then B should be powered while I drive but it's not. Zero power whatsoever. All my other gauges work just fine including speedometer. Checked with GPS on phone and it is accurate. Checked fuses because why not and all are good. Where does this wire go? It disapears into the dash and I kinda don't want to take this all apart because I'm trying to move and need my truck to move. I like the odometer to track my earl changes but I'm about to give up. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 12-23-2016, 11:40 AM
Chuck91D150
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you resolve the odometer problem? I have a 91 Dodge D150 with the odometer not working. I have the odometer out of the dash and want to look at the plastic odometer gears to see if I have teeth missing. I believe I need to remove the speedometer needle to get to the odometer gears. Could you tell me how to remove the the needle?

Thanks for anyone who may assist.
Chuck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: At my wits end with odometer, not the little cog!