1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1991 dodge new engine no spark

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 08:47 PM
Bryan Kwasnycia
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 dodge new engine no spark

Ok my 91 dodge 318 auto was leaking real bad everywhere, so I found a rebuilt 318 from a 74 dart. Changed the intake and oil pan with the ones from my 91. Put engine in everything plugged in and hooked up. Getting pulsing at throttle body injectors, but no spark at all. Tried to jump positive from battery to positive on coil still no spark. It all worked perfectly before I pulled the engine, truck sat with no hood for a month in the rain and weather. Help please

Old 11-05-2016, 01:50 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Put the distributor from the old motor back in! Different style pick ups where used.

Old 11-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Bryan Kwasnycia
Default Ok have spark but runs like crap

Ok spark issue was a ground beside the TBI on the passenger side was not attached to the block, finally got it running kind off, over fueling real bad, and does not want to idle, if I pull the top plug off the TBI on the passenger side it runs and idles better, the new engine has a mild cam in it, computer learned a bit no gas smell in exhaust anymore but burnt 1/4 tank of fuel driving 40 minutes, is the mild cam messing me up?

Old 04-15-2017, 06:43 PM
pentastar666

Not only will a new cam confuse your computer it is most likely not a roller cam like your original . Could be a lot of trouble .