1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

G360 Transmission

Old 11-26-2016, 11:25 AM
wincher47
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G360 Transmission

I have a 1993 Dodge D350 Truck and I am having problems with the Transmission. I have tried to get the right Roll Pins for the shifting fork and shaft on the shifter cover. The ones I removed were solid roll pins which are wound from the center out forming a solid roll pin. It's a 5 Speed Transmission. I bought some from a Hardware store and they had a slot the full length of the roll pin and I really don't like using those. I ordered some from a Company that rebuilds these covers and transmissions and they sent me the same thing. I want the right roll pin and not something I will have to go back and do it over again. Not sure if anyone on here knows a lot about these transmissions, all I need is the right roll pins. I'm not convinced that a roll pin with a slot all the way the full length will hold up. My guess is it wont. Any help or reference will be appreciated. The people that rebuild and sell parts are good, but not all know anything about roll pins it seems or they don't stock them. I'm getting frustrated with this situation. Any help, advice, suggestions would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:05 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

They are called coiled spring pins. They are something not all hardware stores carry so you may have to find a local fastenal store or get them on line. They do come in different strengths so get one that looks like the original.

Search this Thread