1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rear mounted steel fuel tank

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 11:34 AM
PowerRamDan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear mounted steel fuel tank

Hey guys Ive got an 87 w100 with the plastic tank that's offset to the drivers side and its cracked/leaking so I decided to scrap that(since you can't buy a replacement) and go with the ramcharger type rear mounted steel tank but yet again no one makes them anymore so I've been channeling my inner Roadkill engineering(you tube show if you don't already know about it. check it out!) I'm going to try and find a fuel tank from another Chrysler product that would fit in between the frame where the spare tire would normally go with the filler neck exiting out the front drivers side corner and uses the two wire sending unit and mechanical fuel pump. So far Ive found that a f-150 tank from the same era would fit but they used electronic fuel pumps so the sending units are not the same and I don't want to get into changing wiring harness's and gerry riggin sending units. So I'm starting this thread in hopes that somebody out there has faced this similar issue and found a Chrysler solution that could help me out.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:21 AM
jhume20
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...3D361149170378

What about something like that? not sure of the measurements between the frame rails

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...Uf%26vxp%3Dmtr

Not sure if the sender in this one will work or not.

Last edited by jhume20; 12-22-2016 at 02:24 AM.