1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fuel injected to carburated

Old 02-20-2017, 03:51 PM
Elizabeth Page
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fuel injected to carburated

We are putting a different motor in an 88 this weekend (hopefully) and I'm wondering what problems we might run into. The motor that is in it we were told it was fuel injected (I can't tell just by looking at it, there is no throttle body or carburator on it), the motor we are putting in it (at least until I get the other one rebuilt or whatever) has a 2 barrel carb on it.Is this going to be a problem or should I just go get the original one fixed? (short story - the one that is in it over heated then wouldn't start)Thanks!

Old 02-20-2017, 07:28 PM
moparborn
All Star

Converting to carburetion from FI is a bit involved.
You will need a bypass regulator,ignition system and some wiring modifications.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:56 AM
Elizabeth Page

Oh yuck. Ok maybe we'll just take the heads to have them checked on this original motor.
I don't want to put a lot of money in this truck, I just want to get it down the road mainly to see how the transmission is because I have a friend that wants to buy it and I just need most of the rest of the truck as a donor for my project truck

Search this Thread