1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Questions for purchasing a 1st Gen

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 09:38 AM
BMXandSLED
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for purchasing a 1st Gen

Hey everyone, unfortunately I have been elsewhere for over 2 years. I traded in both my 06 Hemi and my 96 12 valve for a new 2015 a few years back. But with my new job and company vehicles its time to get back into a Dodge!

I'm looking for a 1st Gen 4x4 long box, specifically in the northern MN area or connecting border areas of Ontario. V-8 both 318 and 360's interest me. But my questions are towards the transmission. My search has been primarily toward W150's and W250's with a manual transmissions, but should I be so specific? Manuals seem to be a lot harder to come across. I have found some great candidates with automatics but have just moved them to the side because of the auto. I have no specific reason besides the fact I've always liked shifting.

Coming from you 1st Gen owners if you could I would like to know the pros and cons between the two, and if you were me would you continue searching for a manual or would you not hesitate to buy an auto? thanks everyone!