1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ram 1st Gen Do It Yourself information

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 04:47 PM
Garrettreidh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where can I get the adapter bracket, for the drivers side mount? I went to my local dodge house and they have been discontinued.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:14 PM
SixGun
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Garrettreidh
Where can I get the adapter bracket, for the drivers side mount? I went to my local dodge house and they have been discontinued.
I went to a pick n pull junkyard. Less than $10. Look for a 2wd V8 truck or Ramcharger. Late 80's-early 90's.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:12 PM
kvette81
Default Chilton's

Hayne's failed me on a couple of things. Going to try the Chilton's. Need better detail, diagrams.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:32 AM
emnestor
Professional
Default Everything you need for a 4 barrel swap

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...rrel-swap.html

Old 05-06-2016, 04:14 PM
davec42

Originally Posted by SEAL
This tip is credited to crazzywolfie. If your mirrors are of the single post fold in design, and are loose, there is a screw at the bottom you can remove. Slide the chrome cover up and tighten the clamp for the post.

My truck had very thin nylon tube inserts between the Chrome post and the bracket. I am thinking this acts as a bearing to allow the mirror to move without the clamp being too tight. I took some thin styrene plastic sheet and wrapped it around the post. My originals were shot and the mirror would move out of position when the door was closed. This seemed to fix the problem. Glad to see that aftermarket mirrors are now available from LMC. For a long time they weren't.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:21 PM
davec42

Originally Posted by kvette81
Hayne's failed me on a couple of things. Going to try the Chilton's. Need better detail, diagrams.
The best books seem to be the factory manuals. I see them on E-bay from time to time. I was able to get one for around 40 bucks. Be persistent and you will probably find one. Some one made off with my original and never returned it. I have had the same issues with the Chiltons and Haynes. I have found factory manuals on CD for other cars.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:18 AM
86Dodgeman
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Every Wire Diagram you could want for First Gen. Even breaks down ignition and turn signal harnesses. Took me almost a year to find this! Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails Ram 1st Gen Do It Yourself information-wiring-diagram-1.png   Ram 1st Gen Do It Yourself information-wiring-diagram-2.png   Ram 1st Gen Do It Yourself information-wiring-diagram-3.png   Ram 1st Gen Do It Yourself information-wiring-diagram-4.png  
Old 04-26-2018, 05:46 PM
88 Dodge Man

Got any wiring diagrams for a door on a 1988 Dodge Ram D 100? This is for power mirrors. I need the switch and wiring harness for the truck

Old 09-18-2018, 11:14 PM
SG19

My speedometer / odometer stopped working in my 91 W150 ,I found this video was vary helpful. You can find the gear set on ebay for about $23 .

Old 01-23-2019, 11:10 PM
Charles Barker
Default Brackets

Where
Originally Posted by SixGun
There's been a lot of guys wanting to swap out the 3.9 for a 5.2 motor on a 2WD truck. There has been a lot of speculation on the motor mounts. Well here is the real deal:

The engine brackets from the 3.9 (below) will not fit the 5.2 motor.

Attachment 45042

You will need the engine brackets for the 5.2 (shown below). Hopefully your donor will have them already on. If not, take note of how the bracket bolts to the "ears" on the side of the motor. It should be on the front side of the "ears". Also, you will need the adapter bracket for the driver's side frame bracket. (shown below) This puts the mount forward and lower.

[ATTACH]45043[/ATTACH. Where can u find theses brackets ]or does any body have some to sell. Call me 4234352762

On the driver's side, the new frame bracket it is held in by 4 bolts instead of 3. The new bracket is mounted as shown below. The old triangle brackets for the frame are no longer needed.

Attachment 45044

On the passenger frame bracket, the first pic shows how the 3.9 mounts and the second pic is of the new location for the 5.2 motor. Once again, the triangle bracket is not needed. The motor mount is now bolted directly to the crossmember in the furthest forward location. Should be a dimple above the bolt hole.

Attachment 45045

Attachment 45046

This pic shows both sides mounted in the new locations. This pushes the mount forward and a little lower. Should be pretty much level and even now.

Attachment 45047

Quick Reply: Ram 1st Gen Do It Yourself information