2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Avenger Battery Location

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:37 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Avenger Battery Location

Hey everyone.. Im new to the forums.. I just purchased a black 08 Dodge Avengerand I am waiting for it to arrive at the dealershipbut in the meantime I was poking around on the other Avengers on the lot, andpopped the hood on one.. after spendinga whilesearching for the battery I located it under the fuse block on the driver side. (I never had to search for a battery on a car before)

I was curious if anyone knows what the proper procedure is to remove the Battery to replace it? Should I be removing parts from under the car to get to it or pull out the fuse block and start unbolting stuff heading down?

Is the battery removal easier than it looks? because from what I have seen it looks like a lot of work just to get to it which in my opinion isnt really a great design move since the battery will probably need to be replaced eventually and is frequently done by the car owner.

I probably shouldnt be posting this question until I get thecar cause its probably in the manual or something like that but I am curious whats involved.

Thanks

Old 09-24-2007, 07:49 PM
regandon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Avenger Battery Location

From page 379 of the owners manual.

To access the battery, turn the wheel fully to the right and remove the inner fender shield.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:11 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Avenger Battery Location

Thank you

I had a feeling it was inthe manualsomewhere but the curiousity was eating at me and I just couldnt wait to getmy Avenger to find out..

Thanks again

Quick Reply: Avenger Battery Location