2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

6 Speed autostick.. how much HP can it take before it dies?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 01:51 AM
nightshade72
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 Speed autostick.. how much HP can it take before it dies?

Anyone have information on the ratings for the transmission they put in the RT Avengers? It's a 6 speed autostick.. Any idea how much HP/TQ it is rated for? I am pretty sure that it's capable of quite a bit more than we are throwing at it..

If tunability for the pcm comes down the pipe for us (Diablo).. it won't be much effort to add a single spool turbocharger to the car.. if you pull the existing intake, there is a ton of space there and a clear path to plumb it in pretty cleanly.. even room for a methanol injection system with room to spare... no way we can get a supercharger in there since the pulleys are so close to the side of the car.. Same engine as the 3.5L LX platform I believe.. so tunability shouldn't be too much of a challenge for Diablo...

Any ideas? I figure a small turbo will do nothing to hurt fuel economy since it will be not adding any paracitic losses in order to provide boost..

anyone been playing with power adders on this platform yet?

Old 12-20-2012, 02:13 PM
beezer86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im not real familiar with THESE cars so i am by no means an expert...but in my limited tuning experience any car out there along with its components can easily handle another 75hp, maybe 100hp with some tuning...of course it varies from car to car...most bolt on turbo kits advertise an average 100hp gain with some tuning

Quick Reply: 6 Speed autostick.. how much HP can it take before it dies?