2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Adding uConnect to Non-Nav MyGig radio?

Old 06-08-2008, 07:14 PM
tomnf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding uConnect to Non-Nav MyGig radio?

Just bought an 08 Dodge Avenger SXT w/non-nav MyGig

Anyone know if its possible to add the uConnect feature?

I saw a few modules after searching...
http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-...ubGroupId=3025
http://www.leeparts.com/dodge_avenger/accessories/electrical/uconnect_hands_free_system.html

...but I don't think these actually integrate with the MyGig radio (or do they?). I'm looking for something that uses the MyGig screen/buttons/etc. Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,
Tom

Old 07-25-2008, 09:13 AM
birneyw
Default RE: Adding uConnect to Non-Nav MyGig radio?

I know its possible, not sure of the part number, but I have the 6 disk changer and my car was built before july 2007. I have the uconnect system now that goes thru the radio, the only thing is they have to place the mic somewhere since you probably dont have one on the review mirror.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:50 PM
DESIREESAVENGER
Rookie
Default RE: Adding uConnect to Non-Nav MyGig radio?

I just put Uconnect and remote start in dez's avenger. When you buy the Uconnect the dealer has to go into chrysler and update the vehicle build configuration. Then the tech has to download the new config into your car. Then you can install the module ,wireing and microphone. You can install the hardware but the other is dealer only. Luckily I am "the dealer' so I did it all myself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adding uConnect to Non-Nav MyGig radio?