2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Stupid Intake restriction

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 10:41 PM
davb673
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stupid Intake restriction

Well, I took the plunge a few months back and modified the intake on the wife's 2.4L Avenger. I first used my buck knife to cut the other side of the intake tubing open so both sides were letting air in. The next step was a little tougher... I removed the intake plumbing from the airbox forward. Then I cut openings in both the tube coming down on the right, and a matching hole in the inlet for the airbox...so I could glue in a 2 inch 90* PVC elbow. It was a bear, and I worked slowly so I didn't create a piece of junk with too many holes, but was able to shove the pipe in one side and then slide it into the other... I finally painted it flat black to match the plastic.
I posted pix in my gallery (look for 2008 Avenger 2.4L intake mod), and if you are interested, I can put all this into a DIY in pdf format... Dave
P.S. We took the Avenger on a road trip from Utah to California in June. We averaged about 33.9 mpg, with our best on Conoco 85 octane from here to Winnemucca, NV with 36.9 mpg!

Last edited by davb673; 08-04-2009 at 10:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Stupid Intake restriction