Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Avenger > 2008 - Current Dodge Avenger
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2008 avenger uconnect

Old 06-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Unhappy 2008 avenger uconnect

I am looking fo rthe factory parts I need to get the factory version of uconnect. I have a am/fm 1 disc with Sat radio and the phone buttons but I dont want to add more to the dash I want to work the phone through the radio. Can anyone help
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Rookie
2007 BMW R1200RT
My Garage

You need a hands free module kit. I put one in my wifes avenger. You will need a dealer to update the vehicle build configuration after you put it in. I did mine myself cause I work for a dealer.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:59 AM
Champion
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 09 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4, 72 Chevy C-10 350/350

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESIREESAVENGER View Post
You need a hands free module kit. I put one in my wifes avenger. You will need a dealer to update the vehicle build configuration after you put it in. I did mine myself cause I work for a dealer.
what all exactly do you need or is it a kit, does it come with the mirror with mics etc.
09 Brilliant Black Sport Hemi 4x4 CC,now has FUEL SAVER light. Mopar bed rug(awesome), Pace Edwards power locking gate, updated to RER,tinted windows,Husky Weather beaters, Craftec Tonneau, Mopar mudflaps,tailgate assist ram, Lockpick v3 with front and rear ccd cameras, Mopar running tubes,Cabin Filter Mod, DiabloSport catch can.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Cool How to activate voice recognition in 2008 Avenger??

We have not been able to activate the voice recognition in our car... We paired our phones to the Uconnect system and can place calls, but the other party cannot hear us...we can hear them tho. We cannot get the voice recognition to respond to our commands for any of the systems...radio, phone, etc. We are following the directions, in the manual and have tried all that we can think of. Any advice out there?? Thanks! And, by the way, we have the option...
Old 07-24-2009, 02:42 AM
Garage is empty, add now

AlandMe, have you upgraded any part of the Mygig(Uconnect) system?? Or is the entire system untouched and factory???
Old 08-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Multi-Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
2008 Dodge Ram 1500

Vehicle: 2008 QC Ram BigHorn Hemi
Send a message via AIM to lxman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by azavenger View Post
I am looking fo rthe factory parts I need to get the factory version of uconnect. I have a am/fm 1 disc with Sat radio and the phone buttons but I dont want to add more to the dash I want to work the phone through the radio. Can anyone help
Here ya go

http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-...=2082&pc=45611
Old 08-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Veteran
2007 Dodge Ram 1500
My Garage

Vehicle: 2007 RAM QC 1500
Send a message via Yahoo to davb673

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlandMe View Post
We have not been able to activate the voice recognition in our car... We paired our phones to the Uconnect system and can place calls, but the other party cannot hear us...we can hear them tho. We cannot get the voice recognition to respond to our commands for any of the systems...radio, phone, etc. We are following the directions, in the manual and have tried all that we can think of. Any advice out there?? Thanks! And, by the way, we have the option...
Yep, I think the voice recognition is poor. Ours cannot figure out what I am trying to say nor who I want to call. My wife always punches the number in on her phone... The microphone and speakers work fine though. We had the dealer install ours. A little pricey, but worth it. They had to pull the whole dash out to install it!
2007 Inferno Red Quad Cab 4.7L Flex-Fuel 2wd w/dogamatic trans / TRANSGO shift kit / LEER XR topper / Filtermag SS375 / HO cams / power wire / Flowmaster Ypipe / POWERTRAX Lock-Rite / Taurus Efan / Mobil1 5w-30 new steel intake Wife's car: 2008 Avenger / 2.4L 4cyl / Mobil1 5W-30 / OBDuino / 37mpg highway!!
Old 08-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Rookie
2007 BMW R1200RT
My Garage

You don'thave to pull the dash to install the kit.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Multi-Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
2008 Dodge Ram 1500

Vehicle: 2008 QC Ram BigHorn Hemi
Send a message via AIM to lxman1

Just the center bezel where the radio is. Our dealer installed, Mopar unit in our Caliber works fine as does the factory installed unit in my 08 Ram.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:40 PM

Tags
2007, 2008, 2009, activate, avenger, black, connect, dodge, forum, install, kit, ky, louisville, microphone, module, rt, uconnect