2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2008 avenger gearshift stuck in park

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 09:15 PM
angelica94
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok

Thank You carolann35

Old 08-04-2012, 02:15 PM
jheran88
Default 08 dodge avenger stuck in park

My 08 dodge avenger got stuck in park so i looked up what it could've been and came across the "pink thing" that holds the spring in place is a cheap flimsy peice of plastic.so my quick fix instead of spending alot of money buying a whole new shift unit like some videos i watched or buying a $20 metal peice i simply got a small thin Zip tie and wrapped it around the "pink thing" and the other end of the spring and everything works fine now! for pretty much no cost at all.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:55 PM
SueK
Professional

Most have to replace the spring. I already had the recall done and on most stuck shifters it's the spring.You can get to the pink lever on the right through the cup holders by taking the rubber out and using a screwdriver or pull off the chrome trim. I've done it twice. Also some people don't bother with the oem spring because some have worn out later and they buy a tougher spring from a hardware store. As far as I'm concern I hate this car. 2 fires and a worn rack and pinion at 62,000 is disgusting. I baby my cars. It's all fixed and I'm selling it in the spring.

Quick Reply: 2008 avenger gearshift stuck in park